Apricot the Lich, also widely known as her nickname Froot, is a female English VTuber and illustrator originally from England who debuted on the 27th of November in 2020. She is one of the first generation members of the American VTuber company VShojo.
"A bittersweet Lich who spends her days in her underworld castle drawing art. She took a turn to streaming once she realized she could harvest human souls by disguising them as Twitch Subscriptions. She is a hopeless necromantic and hopes to one day own her own Virtual Fashion brand." -VShojo entry
Froot has a very soft-spoken high pitched voice and a very calming demeanor. She is easily embarrassed and has been known to stutter when she is. She is a playful and cute chuunibyou who enjoys creating art, gaming, singing, and just chatting on stream. She enjoys horror of all varieties despite being easily scared. Unlike every other member of VShojo, she is very restrained when it comes to swearing.
Froot appears at first glance to be human, but has long pointed ears and four dark purple pierced horns curling back from her head. She has tussled neck-length teal-colored hair with emerald green highlights and long "tails" in front. She has emerald green eyes, and face tattoos which glow green when she's channeling magic. She has a pair of bat-like wings.
She wears a short black and purple off-shoulder dress with a pentagram design on the chest, armlength fingerless gloves, a single thigh high fishnet, spiked heels, a choker, and a silver crown with a skull motif.
On 27 November 2020, she debuted on Twitch with an introductory stream as part of the newly established agency VShojo as first generation with over 13,600 viewers and 18,049 followers after being raided by Nyanners, IronMouse, ProjektMelody, Bunny_GIF, Silvervale, and several other VTubers.
On 16 January, Apricot reached 100k followers on Twitch.
On 14 February, Froot debuted a new outfit
On 13 April, VShojo members Ironmouse, Froot, Silvervale, Veibae and Nyatasha Nyanners played with prominent japanese VTubers Kizuna Ai, Higuchi Kaede and Dennou Shojo Siro in a collab called #VAmongEarth.
Froot is good friends with her fellow first generation in VShojo: Zentreya, Projekt Melody, Ironmouse, Nyanners, Silvervale, and Hime. She has created outfits for several of them and worked on their debuts as an artist.
Froot has said that she is a big simp for ProjektMelody and all her friends. She has specifically said she'd like to make a cream pie for Snuffy.
FeFe received a shoutout during Froot's debut for making Froot's ending song Your Lich Goth GF.
- Her fanbase name is known as the Frootcakes.
- Her personal Discord server is currently for Patreon supporters only.
- "I'm seiso, I swear. I don't know what seiso means, but I'm seiso, yeah."
- "If you don't forgive me, I'll have to make you forgive me, okay?"
- Froot is a lich, a form of powerful undead spellcaster.
- Froot's soul is stored inside her phylactery - the purple pendant that she wears on her chest. This pendant is actually a "living" creature named Terry who can fly and is described as "a very good boy". Froot calls Terry "Phil" sometimes to make him upset because he thinks it is a "boomer name".
- She has been around for so long that she cannot remember how she got the name Apricot. She believes it may have been given to her by a friend in her past.
- In life, Froot was a half-dragon girl. She lost the abilities associated with that when she became undead.
- Froot became a streamer when she hit upon the idea of harvesting human souls by disguising them as Twitch subscriptions. Her Twitch subscription message reads "<name> just sold their soul!" Fellow VShojo member Ironmouse has a similar ability absorb souls via the Internet.
- Froot occupies an underworld castle, where she spends her days drawing art.
- Her sexuality is listed as necromantic: she cannot fall for someone unless she's brought them back from the dead.
- Her wings are prehensile and can function as a second pair of hands.
- Her horns are sensitive, unlike animal horns, and she can feel when they are touched.
- She cannot dye out the green in her hair, no matter how hard she tries.
- Froot denies that she lost her true crown in a pit of souls years ago and had to replace it with one she bought on eBay.
Likes and hobbies
- Apricot likes tea sets, turtles, horror games, necromancy, fashion, cosplaying, singing, and drawing, especially drawing "thicc waifus".
- Her favorite foods are likes beans on toast, English breakfast tea, beer, and wine. She loves sweet things. She enjoys television shows about cooking, including Great British Bake Off and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
- Apricot dislikes peanut butter, being mistaken for a succubus, being called a "boomer", and when chat is talking about her feet.
- Her favorite videogames include Girls Frontline, Genshin Impact, Fall Guys, War Thunder and Dark Souls.
- Her favorite anime are Black Rock Shooter, Dorohedoro, Cowboy Bebop, Mob Psycho 100, Girls und Panzer, Jormungand, Steins Gate, Madoka Magica, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, KonoSuba and Black Lagoon.
- Her favorite music includes Plini, MASTER BOOT RECORD, Utsu-P, Thy Catafalque, Nero Di Marte, Intronaut and Animals as Leaders.
- Her goals include creating the first ever virtual fashion line for VTubers, to get better and faster at art, to draw every VTuber she meets, to overcome her stage fright and sing for her chat, to release an original song, to stop swearing, to learn to bake, and to learn Japanese.
- The name for her VTuber fashion line is Apricoture. The idea for the name came from Silvervale during her outfit redesign.
- She is the first member of VShojo that wasn't an independent VTuber before joining.
- IRL, Apricot is allergic to cold temperatures, which can cause her to develop a rash and experience hot flashes. This is commonly known as cold urticaria.
- She is from England, and speaks with a British accent.
- Her streams include breaks so that her fans can go and make a cup of tea.
- She has never eaten an apricot, although she has eaten apricot-flavored things.
- She uses a Wacom Bamboo tablet for her art.
- Her hairstyle is inspired by the Vocaloid character GUMI. Megumin from Konosuba was also a partial inspiration, but not the main inspiration.
- A rejected name for her NSFW art hashtag was #Phallictery.
- A lich is a type of undead spellcaster originally popularized by Dungeons & Dragons. The lich first appeared in the 1975 supplement Greyhawk. It is thought to have been inspired by the 1969 short story The Sword of the Sorcerer by Gardner F. Fox, which used the term "lich" (an archaic English word for a body) to describe an undead. The term was used similarly in Clark Ashton Smith's The Abominations of Yondo (1926). Froot's horns and spined crown are reminiscent of the iconic D&D lich Acererak, who appears on the cover of the D&D 5th edition Dungeon Master's Guide (2014).
- A phylactery is the receptacle in where a lich stores their soul. This allows them to cheat death as a lich cannot be slain unless their phylactery is first destroyed.
- Guest starred on the Lewdcast podcast, hosted by Projekt Melody, Ironmouse and Silvervale.
- Emotes created by Maeriette
- Twitch Sub Badges created by Plush
- BGM music by UTALIVE and remix by Isaak Wolf
- Ending song Your Lich Goth GF by FeFe
- Overlays and Panels by Jack
- Apricot - Twitch channel
- @LichVtuber - Twitter account
- Apricot the Lich - YouTube channel
- Apricot the Lich Twitch Archive - YouTube VODs channel
- BSApricot - Pixiv account
- F&Q site
- Tweet: VShojo Among us collab https://twitter.com/VShojoOfficial/status/1382153495395119109
|Members||Apricot (💀) · Hime Hajime (🤖🐲) · Ironmouse (😈) · Nyatasha Nyanners (👻) · Projekt Melody (🥞) · Silvervale (🌸) · Zentreya (🐲) · Veibae (🖤)|