Kaguya Luna (輝夜月, lit. Sparking Night Moon) was a female Japanese Virtual YouTuber who debuted in 2017. She used to be the second most subscribed Virtual Youtuber on YouTube after Kizuna AI until Gawr Gura and others surpassed her in 2020. With her style, charm and immediate success, Luna encouraged the debut of a myriad of virtual talents that transformed the entertainment landscape in Japan and the rest of the world.
- Loves: Blood, Chatting, Singing, Playing Video Games
- Hates: Dancing
- Her dream is to become "The YouTuber that can give everyone smiles".
Luna is energetic, free spirited, and in stark contrast to many popular female VTubers, is quite vulgar and can be insulting to her viewers as well (though it is always in good nature fun).
Disappearance and Effective Retirement
While Luna hasn't officially retired, her last videos was uploaded on to Youtube in 29 August 2020 and her last tweet on 30 October; both have remained inactive since then.
On 28 September 2021, her official fanclub announced that it would cease operation by the end of November 2021.
2 days later, Pmaru-sama., an utaite who is officially known as the same person as Luna, released a thread of statement on Twitter, citing multiple power-harassments from her management as Luna, including unfair restriction on her activities as Pmaru-sama. and not being able to receive promised salary. [Fan translation of the statement] These factors made Luna has effectively retired from her activities.
- On 2018, she signed with Sacra Music (a record label subsidiary of Sony Music, specialized in anison music.) and she released on August her first single Beyond The Moon. On November 2018, she released a preview of her second single called Dirty Party (a duo with Ebiber) , which was released in Japan on 9 December. 2018 at midnight.
- On 31 August 2018, she held a major live event on ZeppVR, "Beyond the Moon". Luna teased a second live event for ZeppVR as well on 1 May, 2019 
- On 22 November 2018, she revealed her debut on TV in a show called "Talkin' on the Moon" The show was broadcast on TOKYO MX , where other VTubers already have shows such as Fuji Aoi and KMNZ. Later in that month Kaguya Luna also debuted her monthly web series and talk show LUNA TV, which is broadcast for free on YouTube and Nico Nico Douga and a paid segment only for Nico Premium users.
- In February 2019, Goodsmile will release a figure of Luna.
- Luna is the image of Japanese Noodles Company Nissin to advertise their products. Initially on December 2018 she advertised the instant noodles Donbei Kitsune Udon (どん兵衛), but the CM was retired due to the unintended controversy created after Luna in the CM bashed the brand competitors in a tasteless way. Nonetheless, on March 2019, she was confirmed as the image for the instant Sosu Yakisoba U.F.O.  The announcement was done via a press conference on 15 March 2019 . Later that day, the 30 seconds ad was debuted with a jingle sung by Luna and music from metal band Maximum the Hormone, a modified version of their song Korekara no Men Katakotteri no Hanashi wo Shiyou (これからの麺カタコッテリの話をしよう～) along with the official promotional website.
- On 1 May 2019 she held her second virtual concert Kaguya Luna Live at Zepp VR 2 (輝夜 月LIVE@ZeppVR2), which also was available in real time on the VR platform Cluster .
- Alongside Nissin Yakisoba U.F.O. (Japan), she holds the record in the Guinness World Records for "Highest altitude smartphone livestream" on 24 June 2019. Their record is 30.26 km (18.80 mi) and was also done to commemorate World UFO Day held at the same day.
- Kaguya Luna's debut Album "☓☓☓" (pronounced as Batsu Batsu Batsu / バツ・バツ・バツ) was released on 15 January 2020. In order to promote the album, Luna's virtual second concert at the Zepp is available for PlayStation VR . It was later bundled with Hatsune Miku's Virtual Concert with Mika Pikazo doing a promotional illustration
- On 27 January 2020, Mika Pikazo released an artbook dedicated to Luna called Kaguya Luna Art Book (輝夜 月 ART BOOK).
- It is widely believed that the person voicing Kaguya Luna is also the creator of another Youtube channel known as PMaru-sama, (P丸様).
- Luna refers to her fans as Lunafam (a portmanteau of her name and family).
- Because of her style of talking, Japanese fans gave her the nickname Neck Choked Hamtaro (首絞めハム太郎) while her western fans gave her the nickname Cocaine-chan (コカインちゃん).
- She in a video acknowledges the fact that her cleavage window in her dress makes her breast to look like a pair of buttocks and thus she earned the nickname Chestbutt (胸にケツ), which annoys her any single time she is called like that.
- In some fan arts and memes, she loves to drink Strong Zero, a Japanese alcohol produced by Suntory because she talks like she's drunk and the colors of her avatar is similar to the can of Strong Zero. She even jokingly wants to be part of a Suntory TV ad.
- Apart from using the tempura shrimp emoji in her tweets, she also uses the ASCII emoticon ∠( 'ω')／
- She calls Kizuna Ai Oyabun (親分, lit. Boss), while the latter calls her Tsuki-chan (つきちゃん) Tsuki is one of the several and most common pronunciations of the kanji for moon.
- She calls Dennou Shojo Siro Iruka-senpai (イルカ先輩).
- She calls Mirai Akari Mii-chan-senpai (みーちゃん先輩).
- Her animated outro shows her being hit in the head with a censored object. This seems to be a reference to one of her videos where she talks about being hit in the head with a package of tofu. The censored object is a can of Suntory's alcoholic beverage Strong Zero.
- She revealed that she and her character designer Mika Pikazo have founded a company called THE MOON STUDIO, which serves as her official agency and creator studio.. The Moon Studio ended activities on 30 September 2019, and since then she is represented directly by the company behind her concept, Vic inc.
- On recent videos Luna has now a sidekick called Justin Ebiber (ジャスティン・エビーバー), which is a talking Tempura Shrimp.
- Luna and Kizuna AI have collaborated several times. In December 2017, Luna impersonated the most popular VTubers at the moment including AI . In January 2018, AI then released a humorous video "challenging" Luna to do a collaboration  but they hadn't worked together until April Fools 2018, when they "switched bodies" and made videos impersonating each other and making a video on the other's channel . The first time they both appeared together was during AI's 2nd Birthday Event  on 30 June 2018. AI has appeared on Luna's showroom streams by making generous donations to her. The body switching gag was repeated again to celebrate Luna's birthday on 30 October, 2018 . They made their proper collaboration video series on 21 November 2018  in which they also gave Mirai Akari a date to celebrate her birthday.
- Kaguya Luna's Official website
- LUNAfam (β) - Kaguya Luna's Official Fanclub website
- Kaguya Luna's corporate profile on the Vic inc.'s Website
- Kaguya Luna Official - YouTube Channel
- @_kaguyaluna - Kaguya Luna's Official Twitter Account
- Kaguya Luna's Official Page on Facebook.com
- @kaguyaluna_official - Kaguya Luna's Official Instagram Account
- @_LunaSTAFF - Kaguya Luna's staff Official Twitter Account
- Kaguya Luna's Official Channel on Bilibili.com
- Kaguya Luna's Official profile on Weibo.com
- Kaguya Luna's music on Spotify
- Kaguya Luna's music on YouTube
- #輝夜月 - General
- 輝夜月 - Nicovideo Encyclopedia
- 輝夜月 - Pixiv Encyclopedia
- 輝夜月 - Japanese Wikipedia
- 카구야 루나 - Namu Wiki
- 辉夜月 - Moegirl Encyclopedia
- Vic Inc.. (2021, September 28). 「輝夜月オフィシャルファンクラブ LUNAfam(β)」サービスを終了のお知らせ. Kaguya Luna Official Fanclub LUNAfam(β).
- Pmaru-sama. [@p_ma_ru]. (2021, September 30). もしかしたらこの声も消されてしまうかもしれません。 あまり伝えるのが上手じゃないから、この言葉もちゃんと届かないかもしれません。でも、ずっと大好きで、本当に大好きで、でも色々なことが届かなくて、悔しくて。この気持ちが少しでも届けたい君に受け取ってもらえたら嬉しいです。 [Tweet]. Twitter.
- "The highest altitude smartphone livestream is 30.26 km (18.80 mi) and was achieved by Nissin Yakisoba U.F.O. (Japan) in Erdene, Töv, Mongolia, on 24 June 2019. The attempt was made by the Nissin Foods company by live-streaming their U.F.O. brand cup noodles which were attached to a balloon and used as a stage for the VTuber celebrity, Kaguya Luna to interact with people on the ground in a studio." Retrieved from https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com (requires Guinness World Records account to view, Imgur screenshot)