This article is for the original Kizuna Ai. For the other different characters that appear on her channel and the franchise in general, please visit A.I. Channel
Kizuna AI (キズナアイ, 絆愛, lit. Bonded Love) is a Female Japanese Virtual YouTuber who debuted on 29 November 2016.
- 1 Introduction Video
- 2 Personality
- 3 Appearance
- 4 History
- 5 Invitations and Appearances
- 6 Events
- 7 Discography
- 8 Catchphrases
- 9 Trivia
- 10 External Links
- 11 References
Kizuna Ai loves to talk about what she does wisely and intelligently can sometimes be spoiled. She also likes to explain about the subject she talks about. She loves to dance and sometimes is very happy with other topics. She is quite funny. Although she's not really good at English, she communicates with her foreign fans positively.
Her dream is to appear in a commercial on TV.
Kizuna AI has long brown streaked hair with pink highlights and bangs, aquamarine colored eyes and her classic clothes are white sailor suit and short pants with pink.
In her A.I. Games outfit, AI has her hair styled in a bob haircut with bangs, she wears a blue jacket, a white with pink top and black leather shorts. She also has a set of black headphones around her neck and a choker.
In both attires, AI wears her signature heart-shaped pink headband which she refers as the Pyoko-Pyoko (ぴょこぴょこ).
On 4 December 2021, during her fifth anniversary stream, AI announced an indefinite hiatus following her Hello World 2022 concert on 26 February 2022. The break is to "to update future activities with the goal of further developing Kizuna AI". She, along with her team, will continue previously planned but unannounced products into the hiatus. The channel and membership will still be available during the hiatus, but no new videos will be posted. Her social media will remain up, but no new posts will be made except for important announcements. 
Invitations and Appearances
- She was invited to a game called Alien Egg
- She was invited to a game called Mitra Sphere
- She was invited to be on TV
- She appears in the game 八月のシンデレラナイン (Hachigatsu no Shinderera Nain).
- She made her anime debut in the 2018's Mahou Shoujo Site. She voiced one of the main villains, the Administrator Hachi (捌).
- She was a guest on TV show Sunday Japon Weekly News.
- She was featured in US JNTO (Japan National Tourism Organization)'s Come to Japan campaign.
- She was featured in an NHK special on the 2018 Nobel Prize, which attracted criticism over the appropriateness of her appearance and interview style. This lead to a Japanese social media controversy with some foreign commentary, both in favor of and against AI.
- Kizuna AI did a cameo on the ninth episode of the Netflix animated series Ingress: The Animation, that was released on October 2018. AI is voiced by Cristina Vee in the English dub of the series.
- On 1 March 2019 she debuted her collaboration with the Dutch DJ duo W&W, the song called "The Light". AI teased the collaboration on 26 August 2018. A demo of the song informally called as "Together", was debuted on W&W's live setlists and AI's Hello World concerts.
- AI is the face of an ongoing campaign for the rice cracker with cheese called Cheese Okaki (チーズおかき) produced by Bourbon  . She dedicated two videos on her channel advertising the snack  
- AI also has her own signature model of wireless headphones, produced by Japanese audio brand AVIOT , the TE-D01d-kzn. Ai's ads advertising the headphones are parodies of Neon Genesis Evangelion 
- On March 2019, AI become the image of Nissin's instant cup noodle ramen Cup Noodles (カップヌードル). In the advertising campaign, AI has variations on her color scheme to match the new released flavors: Miso (Orange), Smokey & Spicy Chicken (Turquoise) and Cheese Curry Beef (Yellow). The Japanese website of Cup Noodles was revamped as well with AI as the main feature. AI is the second VTuber who promotes Nissin products as Kaguya Luna has done advertising campaigns for Donbei Kitsune Udon (どん兵衛) and the instant Sosu Yakisoba U.F.O.
- From 19 to 26 April 2019, Kizuna AI was part of an special event for the mobile game Azur Lane.  
- On December 2019, AI did a collaboration with the Japanese cosmetics company scentnations and released a limited edition of perfumes with fragrances of Berry Milk and Apple Herbs.
- In November 2020, she appeared as a guest for two episodes of META RUNNER season 2, Transfer Student (aired 6 November 2020) and Heart to Heart (aired 13 November 2020). In the show, she served as the "game guide" for Pocket Gakusei, a dating sim.
- Her 2nd birthday was on 30 June 2018, for the celebration AI had an "in-person" event where a few hundred fans attended to watch her on multiple large screens. Other virtual YouTubers such as Kaguya Luna, Siro, Mirai Akari, Tokino Sora, Fuji Aoi, Baacharu, Nekomasu, Osanai Mei and the Omega Sisters were invited as well. AI debuted her first single "Hello, Morning" and revealed multiple new outfits. The event was livestreamed on NicoNico and YouTube, although the latter had multiple technical problems, and the archive that was put up was based on the Nico Nico Douga stream.
- AI sings the main theme of the animated movie Laidbackers, the song Precious Piece. Laidbackers will be released on 5 April 2019. 
- AI debuted her first album called "hello, world" on 15 May 2019. The album will include her singles (sans her collaboration song with W&W The Light) and the DVD version will include the recording of her live show at the Zepp Osaka Bayside. Also her singles will be released separately on CD. 
- AI held her first live concerts on the last weekend of 2018 (29 and 30 December). The brief tour was named "hello, world" with two sold out shows on Tokyo and Osaka respectively. The concerts featured all the DJs and musical producers that collaborated with AI in the production of her songs: DÉ DÉ MOUSE, sasakure.UK, Nor, Yunomi, ☆Taku Takahashi, MATZ, TeddyLoid, Yunomi, Avec Avec and Pa's Lam System. AI performed for the first time all her singles live along with the debut of Virtual-san wa Miteiru opening theme "AIAIAI" and a demo version of the song that eventually become the song "The Light" (a collaboration with W&W). The second concert at the Zepp Osaka Bayside was broadcast live on Nico Nico Douga.
- For her 3rd Birthday on 30 June 2019, several changes were done to A.I. Channel. The most notable was the introduction of the Four Kizuna AI (4人のキズナアイ yonnin no Kizuna AI). Under the premise that there are four Kizuna AI, these versions started to show different personality traits and even one of them become a version for the audience of the People's Republic of China. A channel for the latter was opened on the platform Bilibili. This announcement was taken with surprise and bewilderment by several fans. These Kizuna AI received the nicknames of Love-chan, Aipii and Ai-bro (Additional info on the A.I. Channel article).
- On August 18 2019, AI was part of the lineup of the Japanese music festival Summer Sonic, marking the first time she was part of a musical festival besides virtual entertainers and interacting with people in the real world.
- On 23 March 2020, one the Four Kizuna AI, Love-chan, did a livestream on the platform REALITY, along with Kashiko Mari and Fukuya Master. 
- On 12 April 2020, Project A.I. (the team in charge of A.I. Channel) announced the cancellation of the celebrations of AI's fourth birthday due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, it will be held online.
- On 24 April 2020, AI released her second record, the EP "Replies" . Like with her first album, the promo videos for each one of the songs were released, starting with the song "The Miracle" that was released on 26 March 2020.
- Activ8, the company behind the production of Kizuna AI's content, announced her graduation from the talent agency upd8 and the formation of a new company in charge of her and her content called Kizuna AI Kabushiki Gaisha (Kizuna AI株式会社). The Kizuna AI incorporated company started activities on 11 May 2020. The twitter account of Project A.I. was updated and become the official account of the company.
- On 8 May 2020, it was announced that Love-chan and Aipii will no longer be part of the main cast of the A.I. Channel. Separate twitter accounts and an independent YouTube channel (called love-pii channel) were created for them.
- On 9 May 2020, AI was invited by the American DJ Porter Robinson to be part of the online music festival Secret Sky
- On 16 July 2020, it was announced on Compile Heart's Twitter account, that she would made an appearance in the game Neptunia Virtual Stars as a DLC playable Vtuber alongside Towa Kiseki.
- During March and May 2021, she had her first virtual US tour, live from Los Angeles in March and New York in May. Special guests for the Los Angeles date included Japanese electronic music producer and DJ wikipedia:TeddyLoid and VShojo VTuber Nyatasha Nyanners. She also had a tie-in DJ set, "CONTACT YOU presented by DJ Kizuna AI" streamed live on Twitch on 27 March and 15 May.
- On 24 September 2021, she held a Virtual Fireworks Concert on Oculus Venues. After the concert, she interacted with fans in Oculus Venues and watched the fireworks show from Kumano City, Mie Prefecture with them. Performing guests included HANABI and DJ TORA. Special guests included Japanese professional cosplayer wikipedia:Enako, VTubers the Omega Sisters, VTuber Tomari Mari, and Nyanners.
- hello, world (CD, Digital)(upd8 Music, Avex Trax 2019)
Singles & EPs
- Hello, Morning EP (12", EP)(Toyokasei, 2019)
- Precious Piece (CD, Single)(Flying Dog, 2019)
- Replies (CD, Digital)(Project A.I., 2020)
W&W Ft. Kizuna AI - The Light (File, MP3, 320)(Rave Culture Asia, Avex Trax, 2019)
- "Hai Domo! I'm Kizuna Ai!"
- "After all, I'm an intelligent super A.I."
- "OH MY GOD"
- "But i'm technically senpai"
- "I am the boss"
- "Really cute"
- "Daaa Yaaa"
- "Fuck you no fuck you"
- She is one of the pioneers of the Virtual YouTubers scene, while not the first one ever (that's the Japanese-English Ami Yamato), AI was the one who originated the myriad of VTubers that exist today as she proved her style of videos to be successful and popular.
- Her junior, Kaguya Luna calls her "Oyabun" (親分; Big Boss).
- Many of her fans in Japan compare her with Mirai Akari but in other places they compare her with Kaguya Luna. All of them were part of an informal group called the the Big Four.
- She is known to be comically bad at video games, often to the entertainment of her viewers.
- She often remarks that she is poor and can't afford a lot of video games even though she would like to play them.
- She considers her "clothes" to be a part of her body, as she is a virtual entity. Because of this, she considers herself to be naked all the time.
- Her three sizes are B85 W59 H83.
- She was the first VTuber to have a verified Twitter account.
- On 22 April 2018, Kizuna Ai interviewed the controversial Japanese entrepreneur Horie Takafumi (堀江貴文), also known as Horiemon (ホリエモン). Horie founded the internet portal Livedoor. He was arrested and charged with securities fraud in 2006 and sentenced in 2017. The video was (until the infamous ahegao video) the most disliked video on A.I. Channel
- Viewers have noted the strong resemblance of her voice to voice actress Kasuga Nozomi. It was eventually confirmed by Kasuga herself on her twitter account on 24 April 2020.. Kasuga asked her fans to not conflate her and her career with Kizuna AI. After the restructuring of the A.I. Channel. Kasuga is also an advisor to the new management of the Kizuna AI company.
- Since 2018 Kizuna AI is the host of a TV show for the Japanese Network Nippon TV. She hosted the shows Kizuna AI no BEAT Scramble and Nobangumi. Now she is the face of the show Te Te TV (てぇてぇTV).
- Since 27 December 2019, AI is the host of a monthly music magazine called VMZ -Virtual Music ZONe- dedicated to Japanese Virtual music performers. It is sponsored by the Japanese energy drink brand ZONe and it also hosts the Top 20 Virtual Music Monthly Ranking issued by the virtual music publication MoguLive.
- The revelation of the Four Kizuna AI on the series called Kizuna AI's Everyday (キズナアイな日々 Kizuna Ai na Hibi) , derived on rumors of a possible dismissal of Nozomi Kasuga.. After the new concept failed to resonate with fans, despite giving the new Japanese speaking versions of Kizuna AI distinctive nicknames and color hairpins, Love-chan and Aipii were dismissed from the main channel and they were given a new channel.
- The most disliked video on AI's catalogue was in fact a consequence of the arrival of the Four Kizuna AI. With approximately 11,000 dislikes, it is a video of Love-chan and Aipii (at the time both referred as Ai-chan) playing Super Bunny Man. One of the Ai's a penalty has to do an ahegao face. 
- Kizuna AI was the spearhead of the Activ8's talent agency upd8 and that agency managed several aspects of Kizuna AI's career, like merchandising and the record of her debut album. After a restructuring of Activ8, it was decided that Kizuna AI will have a full company dedicated to her and she graduated from upd8.. Activ8 accumulated on the 2019 fiscal year loses of approximately US$6.6 million
- A.I.Channel - Main YouTube channel.
- A.I.Games - Gaming channel.
- KizunaAI - Official Nicovideo user page.
- @aichan_nel - Official Twitter Account.
- @ProjectAI_ - Kizuna AI Kabushiki Gaisha (previously known as Project A.I.) Official Twitter Account.
- kizunaai.com - Official website.
- kizunaai.com/music - Official Music website.
- KizunaAI/キズナアイ - Pixiv profile
- 『A.I.GamersInfo』オープン！ - A.I.Gamers Info
- @a.i.channel_official - Official Instagram Account
- @kizunaai0630 - Official TikTok Profile
- Kizuna AI（official） - Facebook
- Kizuna AI（official） - Official Weibo Profile
- Hello, World tour official website
- Kizuna AI music on Spotify
- aichan_nel - Twitch Channel
- Kizuna Ai - Wikipedia
- キズナアイ非公式＠wiki - Unofficial Kizuna Ai Wiki
- キズナアイ - Nicovideo Encyclopedia
- キズナアイ - Pixiv Encyclopedia
- 绊爱 - Moegirl Encyclopedia
- キズナアイ - バーチャルYouTuber Wiki