MonsterZ MATE (モンスターズメイト) is a Japanese musical duo of Virtual YouTubers consisting of Kosaka (コーサカ) and Anjo (アンジョー).
Anjo and Kosaka are both almost shameless and are heavy otaku, over 80% of their videos are in a way or another, anime/game/manga related. There is an entire video of them talking about the pattern in visual novel/ero game, thus earning them their nickname.
Anjo, the vocals, most of the time tends to be the one that understands other people and follows the flow of the conversation and is full of basic manner, acting as the boke of the duo, while Kosaka, the rapper, on the other hand is the tsukkomi of the duo, being able to easily bring up topic and keep the flow of the conversation. He is able to deliver very sharp tsukkomi.
Their Twitter account was opened on 17 April 2018 while their YouTube channel was created on 24 April but their first video was not uploaded until the next month on 5 May.
In December 2018, their popularity suddenly spiked during their performance in V Red and White Singing Contest (Ｖ紅白歌合戦 V Kouhaku Uta Gassen), from 3,000 subscribers straight to over 10,000 subscribers. This was also the first time when a VTuber referred to them as the "Ero Game Brothers".
In March 2019, they signed a deal with UNIVERSAL MUSIC JAPAN. They released their first debut studio album titled MZM on 8 May 2019.
On April 2019, they announced their First Year Anniversary Live Concert. It was held on 18 May at Ikebukuro HUMAX Cinema with live-streaming on YouTube for their live performance.
- Main page: MonsterZ MATE/Discography
|255||28 October 2020|
|Roulette!||28 March 2021|
|Digital Release • Music Video|
- Anjo's full name is Anjo Daisuke (アンジョーダイスケ).
- Kosaka's full name is Yurumira van Kosaka (ユルミラー・ヴァン・コーサカ).
- MonsterZ MATE's identities were officially revealed to be utaite un:c as Anjo and utaite-rapper Kosaka Hashiyan as Kosaka.
- un:c and Hashiyan are frequently credited in the descriptions of MonsterZ MATE's music videos.
- MonsterZ MATE, Ginga Alice, Yoruko Burbank and Kazamiya Matsuri all belong to a company named Balus. Among the virtual YouTuber fans, they are referred to as "Box".
- On 2 February 2019 as a response to Tenkai Tukasa not believing that the コーサカMZM YouTube channel was his, Kosaka uploaded a video there confirming that it is indeed his channel.
- MonsterZ MATE - YouTube channel
- MonsterZ MATE's corporate profile on the official Balus website
- MonsterZ MATE's corporate profile on the official upd8 website
- @monsterzmate - Twitter account
- @mzm_kosaka - Kosaka's Twitter account
- @mzm_anjo - Anjo's Twitter account
- コーサカMZM - Kosaka's YouTube channel
- Discography page on UNIVERSAL MUSIC JAPAN website
- #MZM or #モンスターズメイト - General
- #エゴーサカ - General (Kosaka)
- #MZMart - Fan art
- #MZMart_R - Fan art (NSFW)
- #MZMart_RG - Fan art (blood and gore)
- #MZMart_B - Fan art (BL)
- #MZMart_T - Fan art (genderbend)
- #MZMart_D - Fan art (romantic, self-insert, for yumejoshi/yumedanshi)
- MonsterZ MATE - Nicovideo Encylopedia
- MonsterZMate - Pixiv Encylopedia
- MonsterZ MATE - Moegirl Encylopedia
- [MonsterZ MATE] (2018, June 18) 【自己紹介】アンジョーの基本情報【やってみた】#021 [Video File] Retrieved from: https://youtu.be/HWH7djgfbe0?t=49
- [MonsterZ MATE] (2018, June 8) 【自己紹介】コーサカの基本情報【やってみた】#017 [Video File] Retrieved from: https://youtu.be/ki8sAB2DHYE?t=67
Retrieved from: https://balus.co/news/67/