VShojo is a US-based VTuber orginization based in San Francisco.
Unlike Japan-based VTuber orginizations, VShojo primarily uses Twitch for livestreaming, with YouTube reserved primarily for highlight clips and edited content.
The company was founded in 2020 by former Twitch employee Justin “theGunrun” Ignacio and Youtuber Phillip “Mowtendoo” Fortunat, with the vision of creating an orginization where the talent have complete freedom. Its goals are to provide members with in-house tech, legal, PR, sponsors, upgrades, opportunities, social media expansion and a positive environment. As of May 2021, the orginization has more than 3 million followers on Twitch and 3.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
VShojo is a talent-first VTuber company, dedicated to the growth and success of its members.
"Founded by fans of VTuber culture, we aim to create and foster content that pushes the boundaries of VTubing and talent freedom, while maintaining deep respect for the people and companies that helped paved the way."
VShojo was founded by Gunrun, who worked at Twitch from 2011 to 2018, and Mowtendoo, a popular YouTuber, as well as a video game developer with expertise in 3d motion graphics, video production, and professional music production. The project had been in the works since at least as far back as August 2020, with the web domain vshojo.com registered on August 9, and the Twitter account @VShojoOfficial created that same month.
On 24 November, Nyatasha Nyanners, Zentreya, Ironmouse, Silvervale and Projekt Melody made their official redebut. All five were existing popular VTubers streaming on Twitch. A debut video announced these five members and an additional two: Froot, the VTuber formerly known as Apricot; and newcomer Hime Hajime. Froot's debut was scheduled for 27 November. Hime's debut was delayed to an unspecified future date.
Lewdcast, a weekly variety VTuber podcast hosted by Melody, Ironmouse and Silvervale also became affiliated with VShojo upon the company's announcement, having been previously run independently by the three.
On 31 January 2021 (Japan time), Hime finally made her debut on Twitch. This makes the first VShojo member to make her initial appearance after the group's creation.
On 9 April, Veibae was announced as a new addition to VShojo.
On 13 April, VShojo members Ironmouse, Froot, Silvervale, Veibae and Nyatasha Nyanners played with prominent Japanese VTubers Kizuna Ai, Higuchi Kaede and Dennou Shojo Siro in a collab called #VAmongEarth. The original plan was to include Inaba Haneru in place of Silvervale, but she had to cancel at the last minute due to illness.
On 16 June, VShojo made their first collaboration with hololive, between Nyanners and Takanashi Kiara. The event was streamed on both YouTube and Twitch, and attracted a peak total of around 40,000 viewers across both sites.
On 20 August, VShojo announced that they are holding auditions for new members.
On 18 December, Ironmouse, Silvervale and Nyatasha Nyanners participated in VILLS vol. 3, one of the biggest VTuber events in Japan. The group enchanted the audience with their vocal performance and the new VShojo VILLS idol costumes.
|Nyatasha Nyanners||Projekt Melody||Apricot (Froot)||Zentreya|
- The name VShojo is a pun on either the Japanese word “bishoujo” or “shoujo (they also could’ve used the word “Shojo” meaning “virgin.”) meaning "pretty girl", and, “girl”, with the "V" representing "virtual".
- VShojo does not use "generations". All current and future talents are considered part of the same "generation".
- VShojo operates closer to a cooperative, where all talents are free to upgrade or replace their models and outfits as they see fit, leading to a number of "styles" across 2D and 3D.
|#1: Visiting Froot's Castle For Spooktober||Apricot, Nyatasha Nyanners, Silvervale, Projekt Melody and Zentreya||2021/10/05|
|#2: Lost In Translation||Nyatasha Nyanners, Ironmouse and Hime Hajime||2021/10/17|
|#3: Mel's Real World Experience||Projekt Melody||2021/11/03|
|#4: The Beach Episode||Hime Hajime, Veibae, Silvervale, Nyatasha Nyanners, Zentreya, Projekt Melody, Apricot and Ironmouse||2021/11/15|
|#4.5: The Beach Episode True Ending||Hime Hajime, Veibae, Silvervale, Nyatasha Nyanners and Zentreya||2021/11/15|
|#5: The Regular Checkup||Mamavale, Zentreya, Apricot, Projekt Melody, Nyatasha Nyanners, Ironmouse and Hime Hajime||2021/12/07|
|Special: Achieving The Dream||Ironmouse, Silvervale and Nyatasha Nyanners||2021/12/17|
|#6: The Alchemy Lesson||Ironmouse and Froot||2021/12/28|
|#7: VShojo Squid Game||Nyatasha Nyanners, Veibae, Silvervale, Projekt Melody and Froot||2022/01/07|
- Official website
- Official Youtube channel
- Official highlights Youtube channel
- Official subreddit
- Twitch team link
- Official Facebook page
- Official Instagram page
- #VSHOJOART - Twitter fanart hashtag
- Official VShojo store on Sharkrobot
- Official TikTok
- Official Website VShojo
- Tweet: VShojo Among us collab https://twitter.com/VShojoOfficial/status/1382153495395119109
- Tweet: DigiKomi con 2021 https://twitter.com/VShojoOfficial/status/1396167049039257607
- Tweet: Kiara x Nyanners collab https://twitter.com/VShojoOfficial/status/1405273324473622529
- Tweet: Ironmouse x Calliope collab https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1406234443078012936
- tweet: https://twitter.com/Veibae/status/1423585844854677508
- VShojo [@VShojoOfficial]. (2021, December 11). We are happy to announce the start of our partnership with @GoodSmile_US [Tweet]. Twitter.
- VILLS [@VILLS0321]. (2021, December 18). ～VILLS vol.3実況中～ [Tweet]. Twitter.
- VShojo official FAQ https://www.vshojo.com/faqs/